Cool house, tough carbonate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phipcice

Reaction score
Hey all, second batch, I bottled 24-22oz + 3-12oz bottles of an IPA about 2 weeks ago, popped open one of the 12oz to see where I was at. Flavor was off the charts, awesome, however pretty flat. Curious, after some review I think the issue is temperature. Pretty chilly up here in Wisconsin this time of year, bottles were conditioning in basement, temp down there is about 55F. Brought them upstairs yesterday, upstairs around 65F. Not a big fan of cranking up heat, just a comfort thing I guess. Anyone have any tricks or thoughts on how to raise the temp? Heat blanket, etc? Maybe I'm off track. Any thoughts on how to increase/improve carb would be greatly appreciated...

The room where I had my bottles when I had some carbing was around 65, they all carbed just fine, but took awhile longer, around 4 weeks. It was an amazing difference from one week to the next, mine were seemingly flat at 2 weeks as well.

Also, how long did you chill them for? I found it takes 2 - 3 days in the fridge to get a real test for the carbonation level.

Kosch

Latest posts

Back