Converting a jockey box from sankey to ball lock.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roland_deschain

Reaction score
I was given a 2 tap jockey box with Perlick faucets, plate chiller, and two sankey connectors. Im wanting to change it out to ball lock. My only question is that the existing tubing is 7/16" id, should I replace the tubing or adapt the ball lock connectors to fit the existing tubing? Im not sure if there is benefit to keeping the large ID tubing.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful,

Dave

I have a side gig at a liquor store that caters beverages for weddings/corp events/etc. We have 18 single and double jockey boxes with coldplates. Due to the amount of resistance in the plate itself adding more resistance with smaller tubing is not advised. Even with 7/16" lines feeding the plates we still have to push at 22-24 psi to get a good pour, which is fine for serving a 4-6 hour event, but you don't want to store the beer at that pressure or it will get over carbed. So I recommend sticking with the 7/16" tubing if you can.

Back