Convert Vinturi Wine Aerator to aerate Wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgeofblade

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

I'm thinking about rigging up a Vinturi wine aerator in a racking system to aerate wine as I'm transferring to the fermenter. When I'm done with the boil and the cooling, I decant the wort into my bottling bucket to get off the kettle trub, throw a lid on top of the bucket, then run the wort to my fermeter through a stopper into the Vinturi's primary chamber. The rest is done by the Vinturi.

Why not just drill holes in a piece of tubing, like I've seen on the internet? Because I have this overpriced hunk of plastic that can allegedly do it better.

I tried this with a Scotch Ale I brewed @ the beginning of July. It certainly appeared to aerate the wort really well, but I have no measurements or hard data.

A side note: the fermentation seemed to go slower than anticipated, but given time it got to where it needed to be.

Back