Conversation at my mother's house...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it, it is so on. I challenge all y'all to a brew-off. Tastiest beer (to be judged by an impartial panel) wins and gets to keep his man card.

Then I take it your sig is old??

Anyone else want to throw down? Or are you just having fun trash-talking the living hell out of me?

Because I was fortunate enough to have 255 colors in my crayola box as a kid. You poor bastard.

Crayons fell into only a few different categories: blue projectiles, green projectiles, red projectiles, yellow projectiles, and 'doesn't taste like candy.'

:off:

So what's the story on YOUR barley wine? Why is it accidental? and Does your mom like it?

:off: It was supposed to be a partial-mash amber but it turned out way darker and way higher in gravity, like 1.081 high, so I decided to call it a barley wine. And it's only 2 1/2 weeks in primary, eventually I'm gonna rack that sucker over to a bucket, dry hop it, maybe oak it, I haven't decided, then age it out for a few months.

Jeez. I had to ask SWMBO what fuschia is. Guess what? It's pink. Why didn't you just say 'pink'?

Well sheet I thought it was like purple or blue. See you do you have to go and complicate things. Next thing you know he will be describing the head on his beer as eggshell or some **** like that.

Well sheet I thought it was like purple or blue. See you do you have to go and complicate things. Next thing you know he will be describing the head on his beer as eggshell or some **** like that.

Yeah, it's those girly crayons he played with as a child. Probably chess club president too. :D

No no no, give him some credit. It was probably AV club. :)

No insult intended for any AV club people out there. or was there??? :cross:

Captain of the Academic Team, actually. I could probably out-trivia any one of you. Chicks dig dudes with glasses.

Captain of the Academic Team, actually. I could probably out-trivia any one of you. Chicks dig dudes with glasses.

Did you find sport in casting scathing witticisms towards those beastly football players who wear white after labor day? :mug:

Oh oh, bernerbits. You're getting pasted here.

Did someone say Pasites?????

jo%20boobs%20tassels.jpgg.jpg

They need to be on fire...... flaming pasties are hot! Im sure a flaming pasite would be just as cool though.

I'm pretty sure I dated that girl when I first got to New York. No not your mom, the other one.

Somehow this turned into Junior High all over again. You can all kiss my ass. I am now leaving to go have sex with my young, attractive wife. Good night.

What forum was this in again? It sure sounds like Drunken Ramblings.

And to the OP. First be very thankful you have relatives that enjoy and share good beer, and can even describe it reasonably. Second some people are much more attuned to hop flavors than malt flavors, especially women. Probably why she likes hoppy beers over malty.

So I say you fail :D

Craig

What forum was this in again? It sure sounds like Drunken Ramblings.

Really....the OP certainly wasn't in order for us homebrewers to commisurate!!

If you want a real answer to "Is there any hope?"....nope, I don't think there's any hope for you, bernerbits:cross::D Count your lucky stars your mom is a beer fan and can have a discussion with you about what makes a malty beer vs hoppy. As an outside listener, I would say you both have your own views. One thing about describing an overall character of beer: it's all subjective and some people's perceptions lean more towards malt vs hops.

I'm pretty lucky that my mom is also a hop head. IPA is her favorite drink. My SWMBO, though....I'm resigned to no hope! She likes my fruit beers and I've gotten her to stand sweet stouts. Ah well....more for me! :ban:

Revvy, Mom is 55, divorced, and in a relationship that she doesn't know how long will last. I will say nothing on the hawtness front but she's the one in fuchsia in my wedding pictures (yourrealyou's photos- powered by SmugMug, yourrealyou : photos : 2_Ceremony- powered by SmugMug).

The Man Rules
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down
Finally , the guys' side of the story.
( I must admit, it's pretty good.)
We always hear " the rules"
From the female side.
Now here are the rules from the male side.

These are our rules!
Please note.. these are all numbered "1 "
ON PURPOSE!

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

Just wanted to point that out :)

I'll give you that one, but I'll bet it's not the glasses!

Yeah well, sex is awkward with glasses on. And I still see well enough that they're not strictly necessary in most activities other than driving.

No pics, didn't happen.

For some reason, she didn't appreciate me trying to do that. Funny.

Yeah well, sex is awkward with glasses on. And I still see well enough that they're not strictly necessary in most activities other than driving.

For some reason, she didn't appreciate me trying to do that. Funny.

That just means now you need to do it without her knowledge. Dont ever forget that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :rockin:

Well bernerbits, there is really no defending you, but I am very happy you have a good sense of humor and can take the abuse.
I read the whole thread this morning and nearly spewed coffee on my screen more than once.

but I am very happy you have a good sense of humor and can take the abuse.

It's a defense mechanism I've had to evolve after a lifetime of taking **** from people. Let's not start taking that as license to abuse me just to see what funny **** I can come back with, now. I get enough of that from my family. My ex used to say I was only funny when I was angry. That's one of the reasons she's my ex, to say nothing of her infidelity...

Latest posts

Back