Condensation under kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdm5209

Reaction score
Just got a new SS 44qt bayou classic kettle to hopefully upgrade to BIAB. We have a pretty powerful gas stove, so I wanted to give it a test run with some water. I filled the kettle about 2/3 full of water and put it on the stove on high. It had some weird small amounts of condensation coming up the sides a few minutes in and was making hissing noises like water droplets falling into the flames.

Has anyone experienced this? I did get a little water on the sides (and presumably bottom) when I was filling it. Could it all just be this steaming/condensing/evaporating off? Should I turn the stove off?

I meant don't turn stove off it will go away in a few minutes

Thanks. Everything was fine. Stopped after 10-15min. It reached the 180F range in about 40-45 min and boiled at 65-70 min. Hopefully that will be practical.

When you burn natural gas one of the byproducts of combustion is water vapor. It will condense on the bottom and up the sides of the cool pot until the pot is hot enough for it to evaporate off.

Latest posts

Back