Competition Section in Forum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgr_stl

Reaction score
Is there a section of this forum devoted to competitions? Seems like there should be. If there is, I couldn't find it.

I'm feeling kind of lazy right now, so I'll let someone else explain why this is a good idea. Or feel free to tell me this idea sucks. It's all good.

I suppose there is the "Local Events" section of area subforums...... This is a place that local competitions are often posted, and some discussion of those events happen.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

However, that is about it. I could see it potentially being an interesting forum to not just post a list of competitions, but also strategies, methods, advice on organizing/running comps, etc....

I suppose it may also be too much of a niche to devote a sub forum to as there are already quite a few sub forums..... And, technically, basically just about any question or topic that might be asked in a competition sub forum has somewhat of a corresponding forum already set up where it could be asked anyway..... be it recipe design, events, brewing software, etc. Personally, I like the idea, and could see following threads within the context and specific to competition brewing, but I might be in the minority there.

I rather like the idea. I don't know if there's enough message traffic to justify a new subforum, but that's a question for the admins to look into.

I'd be interested in that. Being able to know what's coming up, how to enter. Talk amongst everyone about advice and scoring. It'd also be cool if say someone took the advice on said thread and did well and posted about it.
I think all aspects of a tread like that would be great.

Given some of the treads about competitions that are already out there, it would just turn into a ***** session of how judges didn't score their beer high enough and that they don't know what they're talking about...

Our canned response to requests for a new forum: make a new thread on the topic somewhere. If it gains traction, it might warrant it's own sub-forum. If not, wasn't meant to be.

Most comps are local, in which case most people here wouldn't enter, and don't care. In those cases, it's far better to put it into a regional forum as Brau suggested above. The national events get a thread in General Beer Discussion. Seems like it all works now, and I'm not inclined to change it without an exhibit of truth.

Back