Coffin vs. Keezer temp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I just finished my build and after adding dual fans and insulating the hell out of the coffin I have a 5 degree difference between the keezer and coffin. It was 8 degrees before I used foam insulation to fill as much dead space as possible and I built a U shaped channel funneling air coming in flowing over the lines and shanks and then flowing out to the keezer. This is also outside in my garage that is 95 degrees today. The keezer is going to be outside at my Tiki bar.
I'm wondering what other people are seeing and I'm wondering if this will be good enough for good pours.

My tower cooler holds the faucet box within 8°F of the keezer air temperature on the warmest days and I don't have pour issues.
So if that's your worst case it's working well imo. :mug:

That said, it really does matter to start with a well-balanced dispensing system and enough interior air movement to eliminate temperature stratification.
A marginal setup will just be looking for breakout at the slightest provocation (like warm beer lines and/or faucets)...

Cheers!

I left it running all night to really let things cool down. My garage is 81 right now and the difference in temperature is now only 3.6 degrees. I'm super happy with that.

you can also rig a hose to the fan that blows air up into the coffin box, such that it draws air from the bottom of the keezer where it's colder rather than from the slightly warmer top. I get a bit of foam (2 inches) on my first pour of the day and then it runs fine the rest of the time. But i'm setting outside in Florida in 95 degrees. I don't sweat it, and once i see the taps sweating, I don't worry about it.

you can also rig a hose to the fan that blows air up into the coffin box, such that it draws air from the bottom of the keezer where it's colder rather than from the slightly warmer top. I get a bit of foam (2 inches) on my first pour of the day and then it runs fine the rest of the time. But i'm setting outside in Florida in 95 degrees. I don't sweat it, and once i see the taps sweating, I don't worry about it.

I'm doing that today after if fill it with kegs.

Back