• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Coffin Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeebas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
DSC_0028.JPG

4 Tap "Keezer" - a chest freezer modified with temp control to act as a kegerator. This includes everything you would need to serve homebrew (or even commerical brew with the right adapter) other than the kegs themselves and the gas side of the system. Specifics:

* 15 cubic foot chest freezer (I got this used at a yard sale, it has held up great for the last 5 years)
* Tap line setup - 4 Perlick 525SS Faucets, 4 1/8" SS shanks and hardware, 10' beer line, clamped onto swivel nuts that are screwed into Liquid disconnects for Ball Lock Kegs
* Rolling base
* Birch and pine frame
* Red oak tap board
* Pint glass storage
* LOVE Temperature control on the back of the tap box, along with extra "always on" outlet.
* Tap box is insulated and contains a computer fan (controlled by a rocker switch in the back) that circulates cold air up into the tap box from the main compartment below.
* Programmable lights setup underneath taps with remote.
* Bottle opener and bottle cap catcher (made from red oak)
* 20" Drip tray
* "Blue Lagoon" Mosaic Tile on bar top and tap box
* Can fit 6 cornelius kegs plus 20# CO2 tank inside. Or 4 corney kegs and one half-barrel plus the tank.

Not included:
* Ball lock cornelius kegs
* The CO2 side of the system (CO2 Tank, regulator, manifold, hoses, disconnects, etc) but I would be happy to point out exactly what is needed.
* Custom tap handles

I built this back in late 2011 and have been using it for beer and cider pretty regularly since then. We are moving soon and will have less space in the new house so, although it breaks my heart, this has to go.

Dimensions:
65.5" wide X 39.75" deep X 54.75" tall
Bar top is 65.5" wide X 39.75" deep (this is what you would need in space at bar top level)
The frame is 59" wide X 38" deep (this is what you would need in floor space)
From the floor to the bar top is 40.5"
The tap box is 33.25" wide X 12.25" deep X 14.25" tall

You would need a truck to pick this up. I will gladly help with any lifting. It is easily disassembled into 4 pieces:
#1 The rolling base that the freezer sits on
#2 The wood frame / shroud, basically like a U shape - this is probably the heaviest part
#3 The freezer with the lid removed.
#4 The lid. The wood top is attached to the freezer lid with tee nuts and hex bolts so they are more or less one piece

I am looking for $800 OBO

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me

The craigslist ad is here with some pics - http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/app/5551735788.html

You can see the build thread (and more pics) here - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240063

PM Sent.

As a general clarification I don't own a truck to transport the keezer so picking it up from its current location is the only option.

I am taking this off the market. We ended up moving it to the new place and I am going to look into better ways to have the lid propped open. Thanks for looking!

Why not use chain? That's what I did with my coffin keezer. Once it is open to a certain point the weight of the lid pulls it back. If you attach some small chain and hooks it will hold itself open.

But the hood struts assist in lifting and don't let it open more and hold it enough

Back