Coconut Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan88

Reaction score
G'day

I have recently sailed into Tahiti from Cabo, Mexico and am keen to get brewing from local produce. I have been wondering for some time if there is a method for brewing inside a coconut, by drilling a hole, adding required ingredients and sealing it with a water valve, to ferment inside the shell.

AS the island is riddled with coconuts (and many other fruits) and I am rather poor at the moment, I was hoping to set up shop brewing basic wine/spirits on the boat.

Does anyone have any good ideas and or recipies that could be used for the good of the yachtie population???

Dan

-Pineapple juice (or maybe banana)
-Orange juice
-sugar
-some ginger

Ferment inside a coconut.

The sheer tropical-ness will blow people's minds.

Also, what local produce is readily available? I can only make educated guesses as to your options.

Colonists used to make 'beer' out of the juice of roasted pumpkins, before they got around to planting barley fields.

But that could be awesome for halloween - just jam a straw into a pumpkin, and drink pumpkin ale! I'd have to be flat, though.

To the OP: you could serve whatever concoction you come up with in a similar way, whether or not you end up actually fermenting inside a coconut. Just drill a hole, replace the milk with homemade wine or beer, and serve with a straw.

Latest posts

Back