CO2 tank outside fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheadman66

Reaction score
I just purchased a 'converted' kegorator being a Fridge on top style Fridgeaire with a tap on the left side and drip tray under that.

The CO2 tank is inside now but I plan on filling with multiple kegs and wont have room to keep them inside. I am confident knowing where I need to drill without hitting the coils but I want to make it look nice with one of those shank like plastic gizmos that goes inside and outside the fridge that the CO2 hose runs through.

My question is what are those devices called? They are almost like an elongated grommet but I can not figure out what they are referred to as.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, I have seen those but the only ones I have found online have been metal and have a small diameter that the CO2 line wont go through.

I appreciate your response though.

Yeah, I have seen those but the only ones I have found online have been metal and have a small diameter that the CO2 line wont go through.

I appreciate your response though.

You wouldn't actually pass the line through the shank. Rather, use tail pieces and beer nuts to attach the line to each end.

I just use hollow pvc tubing with threaded outside and pvc nuts to secure, fill the gap between the gas hose and the tube and you are energy efficient.

Total cost should be less then two dollars in parts at your local plumbing stores.

Just use a rubber grommet on the inside & outside. Hose fits tightly in the grommets, no leaks, no caulking or whatever for filling the void & looks great.

A cable TV pass-through would work very well.

I used a brass nipple and two 90 degree fittings on my first kegger.

Back