Co2 Tank From Hydroponic Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
The closest, easiest, and cheapest place for me to get a 20lb tank of Co2 is at the local hydroponic store. Is there any difference between this Co2 and the type I might get at a place like GasPro? I am assuming it is pure Co2 without additives.

The closest, easiest, and cheapest place for me to get a 20lb tank of Co2 is at the local hydroponic store. Is there any difference between this Co2 and the type I might get at a place like GasPro? I am assuming it is pure Co2 without additives.

You're good. They don't make it there. They are buying their gas from the same supplier you could be going to. If they are the closest, easiest and cheapest, I'd stick with them.

I have a hydroponics store that is closer to me and has better hours than my gas place. A few dollars more, but I'll occasionally pay it if I'm only filling one tank.

Back