CO2 Regulator Rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooothru

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody ever done one?

I've got an old MicroMatic 2 gauge regulator that I used for several years in my kegerator before I upgraded. I used it on a recent Jockey box build, but got some back-feed of beer into the gas-in line.

So, the high pressure gauge sticks, the regulated pressure fluctuates by 10 psi or more when dispensing. Clearly some random suds have entered the works. At a minimum the pressure gauges need replacing, but can the internal pathways get adequately cleaned or is this a fool's errand? After replacing gauges and gaskets I may be close to the cost of a new regulator. How big of a job am I looking at?

I've rebuilt Chudnows and the passages were quite large. The one tight passage is through the replaceable valve module, which easily could get gunked up with blown back beer.

Check the coupler stem as some come with a sintered stone filter that you don't want to plug up while cleaning the regulator...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back