CO2 regulator controlled via WiFi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is some kind of CO2 regulator or controller out that that is adjustable via WiFi?

If there’s no product available, would it be something that could be built? Any ideas on what would be needed?

Literally just popped in my head a few minutes ago so getting it out there while I do some investigating.

Curious what the usage model would be.

There are lots of wifi-controlled ball valves available, but not regulators. Probably because it's not a simple ask.

From my own experience setting pressure regulators, one really needs to see the resulting pressure to be able to intelligently change a pressure setting. So, imo you'd need both an actuator of some sort, and a feedback mechanism - either a camera view of a pressure gauge or an electronic pressure reading...

Cheers!

So we recently upgraded to WiFi Inkbirds to adjust temp without being there. We’re carbonating a tank currently and instead of driving to the brewery to adjust pressure, was hoping to be able to find a way to do it remotely without being stupid expensive. But I see all your points and agree with them

If you are looking for just say 2 pressures, you could perhaps set up some "normal" regulators and then wirelessly control a 3 position ball valve for example that acts like a switch, routing your pressure to one or the other as you select? You don't get infinite variable control, but you could potentially select between 2 pressures. Well, of course 2 can split to 4 or more if you want to set up a number of valves.

I'm dubious of the quality of this one, but as an example:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.5b4253354Gjd3Q&s=p

If you are looking for just say 2 pressures, you could perhaps set up some "normal" regulators and then wirelessly control a 3 position ball valve for example that acts like a switch, routing your pressure to one or the other as you select? You don't get infinite variable control, but you could potentially select between 2 pressures. Well, of course 2 can split to 4 or more if you want to set up a number of valves.

I'm dubious of the quality of this one, but as an example:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.5b4253354Gjd3Q&s=p
While that could still be useful, looking for more of the ability to adjust say, 2psi every few hours or so

https://www.smcusa.com/products/airline-equipment/pressure-regulators/electronic-regulator~160699
I know my company has used a lot of SMC products over time. Not for this kind of application but I mean to say they are good products. This page might get you started. You'd probably need to call them or a local sales rep. Hopefully for the right person it's an easy thing to lay out and they don't mind the work knowing that you won't be buying millions of dollars worth of stuff over the next decade.

Be ready for it to be a few grand and take 6 months to get the parts.

Brewpiless can control spunding with valve and pressure sensor. I suppose you could set up brewpiless " to spund " a CO2 inflow instead of outflow.

Ask on the brewpiless thread.

You'd need some way to access brewpiless remotely via a VPN tunnel setup using another device perhaps a pi for that part ( need someone with more network knowledge than I ).

Overall probably doable.

Back