CO2 Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnyg0891

Reaction score
So since adding the second line and splitter I seem to be having issues. It appears I have a co2 leak somewhere. I did the soapy water trick and tightened up any areas that bubbled. I even went as far to double check seals on my kegs (at the risk of ruining the beer) and everything seemed tight. Is it possible that there is a problem with the splitter?

Second question is I have seen that is ok to put the co2 tank in the fridge. Besides the drop in pressure on the regulator is there any other issue I need to be worried about?

No problems in the fridge. Sometimes the membrane in the regulator will get mad but it will be okay. Depending on your tank size you won't see the high pressure gauge start dropping until you reach 10-30%of your tank capacity.

As for the leak. Did you take the leaking fittings off and put Teflon tape on them? I usually use stars an when looking for leaks. It is beer safe.

If the problem started only after adding the splitter sounds likely to be the culprit. I would pressurize the splitter and lines and dunk the whole think in a tub of water.

Good luck finding the leak. to check for leaks Star San is okay for kegs but for CO2 tests, I steal my grand kids bubble liquid. I have run into a number of brass fitting and castings that have pin holes, the quality of this stuff has gone down in recent years.

Thanks for everyone's replies. The more I looked into it I think my issue has been from placement of everything. Every time I need to get to the co2 I have had to move something. I think everything has ended up getting loose over the moves. I am going to put the co2 into the fridge and then go back with soapy water again (worked last time) and check the areas that showed bubbles last time. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Back