CO2 Distributor Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhodySeth

Reaction score
This is an easy question but after looking on the board for a while I couldn't find the exact answer so here goes:

I recently picked up a couple kegs on Craigslist along with a CO2 tank and a single regulator. I know I need to get a 2-way CO2 distributor to split the air between the two kegs. I'm already thinking ahead to the future - can I buy a 3-way distributor and just keep one in the "off" position until it's needed? Is there any danger of leakage in doing this?

Thanks all. This site was such a great resource when I began brewing. Now that I'm venturing into kegging I'm finding there's a whole new realm of learning I have to undertake. To say nothing of the ire of the Wife when she found out about my kegging scheme!

I'm running two hoses off a 4 way distributor and it is working perfectly fine for me. I can't imagine you would have any leaks

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410374336.919835.jpg You sure can-at least for a manifold like this. However, it's probably good practice to put a cap on the unused one like I have here on port1

Back