Closet cleaning brew. Hop Schedual? What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy1858

Reaction score
i changed jobs and havent had time to brew like i was but i have enough leftovers to do a stovetop BIAB next week. I have
1.5 oz Williamette 4.9 alpha
1/2oz Crystal 2.8 alpha
1/2 oz Centennial 8.1 alpha
1.oz Chech Sazz 2.6 alpha
6.5 lbs pale malt
1 lb. CaraMunich 1

mash at 154 - 60 mins
mash out 170
collect 4 gallons
boil approx 60 mins to a volume of 3 gals

any ideal on the Hop schedual??
I love ipa's and this one gets bottled so extra bitter isnt a problem because of how fast it fades

Those are all pretty low AA hops except for the Centennial, but I'd save that for flameout or dry hopping, so bittering will be tough. I guess I'd have to say use an ounce of the Willamette at 60 minutes, then dump the rest in some order during the last 5 minutes. You won't get much "IPA"-ness out of it without dry hopping, but if you wanted to you could save that Centennial for a little bit of dry hopping. Or you could get an ounce or two of something with a higher AA% and use that for bittering, then put everything else in the last 5 minutes or even put the Centennial and Willamette in for dry hopping.

Just my first reaction.

It all depends on what hops you prefer for flavor and aroma. If you like saaz, put those in at 15 minutes. If you like centennial, put those in at 15 minutes. willamette does good duty as a bittering hop or an aroma hop, no?

Back