Clone Heal the Bay IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mx750ktm

Reaction score
Today I picked up a 4 pack of this IPA and to me its just absolutely perfect. I searched around and didn't see any posts about a clone or anything about it in general. I understand getting a perfect clone Isn't always easy but maybe someone could help me get into the ballpark of this. How exactly are they measuring OG/FG I have never seen it written like that? Does anyone know what yeast strain Golden Road Brewing Uses? Also is it possible for this beer to be strictly 2row?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope some of you have had this or get to soon :mug:
AVAILABLE - May-July
STYLE - India Pale Ale
OG/FG - 15.8/2.8
ABV - 6.8%
IBU - 65
MALTS - 2-Row
HOPS - Citra, Centennial, New Zealand Varieties

Notes

The 2-Row pale malt body takes a backseat to Citra, Centennial, and New Zealand hops for a bright, citrus forward, summertime drinking IPA. A portion of the proceeds from this beer will be donated to our hardworking friends at Heal the Bay, a local organization committed to protecting the Southern California watersheds.

Looks like it should be pretty simple to clone. The og/fg is in Plato. After looking at a conversion chart the og should be 1.064 and fg is 1.011. Also the grain bill should be easy just do enough 2 row to get you to 1.064. As far as hops use centennial and citra and the New Zealand hops are probably referring to something like galaxy or Nelson sauvin. Using those 4 hops with the majority as late additions should produce a tasty beer. I've never had this beer though haha

Nevermind Galaxy is Australian so maybe motueka or Nelson sauvin or just google New Zealand hops and see which descriptions match the flavor of the beer. But anything citrusy would be great.

Sounds like a good brew. I'd be interested in a recipe.

On a side note; healing the bay could start by not using excessive water to brew more beer :D

Thanksfor all your replies I would personally love to trade people some beers, This brewery needs some people backing it. I've had 3 of their ipas and there all top 5 in my book. Send me a pm with something you have and I'll totally send you a four pack if you want to try it in hopes of me cloning this beer. I played with beersmith tonight and I think I could be close with the grain bill but that's the easy part!!. I need someone who can depict hops better than me so I would like to send out some of this to someone more experienced to help me clone this or come close. The beer is the perfect beer to have available at all times on draught. So do you all think it could honestly be strictly 2row? Or would you and 2-4% crystal?

Back