Clone Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiphop

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have brewed about 10-12 different commercial clone beers with various degrees of success. I would brew up a batch of a clone recipe of whatever beer I wanted and then after a month of fermentation and bottle conditioning I would do a blind taste test with me, wife, friends, family, co workers, other brewers with my clone brew and the commercial beer. It is a lot of fun when even other brewers can’t taste the difference or pick mine over the ones they have brewed. What I’m looking for is more commercial craft beers to clone. I can find the most of the clone recipes online so I don’t need help there but I need ideas on easy findable commercial beers to clone. I have the ability to lager so literally any beer. I bought a clone brew book last year but haven’t had much success findings most of the beers in the book and what is the fun of doing a clone without being able to have the original. I am looking for ones that can be readily found in everyday grocery and liquor stores excluding coors, bud, PBR, etc. Below is a picture of the clone beers I have done so far (sorry I have the hand writing of a 6 year old).

Attachments

• 9C4D15B8-46F6-4811-B47E-E659F4249B12.jpeg
    9C4D15B8-46F6-4811-B47E-E659F4249B12.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
Pliny on the same list as Coors what world is this :tank:

With that said AIH has a bunch of clone kits available that seem to be in the category your describing that is where I would start my search

Pliny on the same list as Coors what world is this :tank:

With that said AIH has a bunch of clone kits available that seem to be in the category your describing that is where I would start my search

I know right. What type of home brewer would ever waste time and effort to make coors. The coors was a ten gallon batch. 5 gallons I am going to bottle and give to my father for Christmas (he only drinks Coors) the other 5 gallons I was going to keg and use for parties when I don’t want to waste my “good” beer. It was cheap enough that the grain and hop bill was under $30 for 10 gallons. The Pliny I am still working on a good recipe so I’m doing 1 gallon batches till I find the exact clone. To brew about a gallon of Pliny cost about $20. The hop bill breaks the bank

Attachments

• E69A3C2C-FF1C-4737-AB8F-90754E16B045.jpeg
    E69A3C2C-FF1C-4737-AB8F-90754E16B045.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 32391650-31B4-4DD0-A4DC-23D66F6B6642.jpeg
    32391650-31B4-4DD0-A4DC-23D66F6B6642.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

This is kinda what I’m looking for. Maybe a place to start but I was trying to get your opinions on commercial beers that you have had that would be good to clone. Personally recommendations. I’m an all grain purists (more fun) and not a fan on the “kits” online.

Back