Clean again?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonpce

Reaction score
I am about to start my second extract batch (the first has been in the bottle 2 weeks) and wanted to know if most clean their primary fermentor again before sanitizing. I cleaned it after the first batch, can I just sanitize and go on or clean again. (I am paranoid about an infection)

I clean my fermenters after I empty them. I use carboys, so I simply use aluminum foil to cover the tops to keep anything out of them. On brew day they get a quick rinse with Star-San, and good to go.

I clean my fermenters after I empty them. I use carboys, so I simply use aluminum foil to cover the tops to keep anything out of them. On brew day they get a quick rinse with Star-San, and good to go.

This. Just be sure that it has dried well before covering it with foil and storing it so it doesn't get mildew or that stale water smell.

gonpce said:
I am about to start my second extract batch (the first has been in the bottle 2 weeks) and wanted to know if most clean their primary fermentor again before sanitizing. I cleaned it after the first batch, can I just sanitize and go on or clean again. (I am paranoid about an infection)

Yup. Clean right after use then store. On brew day, hit it with star san and you're good to go.

Back