Civilization 5.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottleopener

Reaction score
Any other civ maniacs out there?

I've always loved the civ games, especially 4:BTS. What are your thoughts on the latest offering?

The diplomacy is hilariously random, but i LOVE the new hexes/military unit controls. I'm also a big fan of the new social policies system.

Maritime city states are ludicrously powerful.

Thoughts? Comments? Spontaneous declarations of war?

The move to hex map I love.
The removal of stacks I really like... feels more tactical than building a super stack and smoking everything.
The addition of city/states I like. More dynamic map with more things to do. Specially with the quests and whatnot they give for diplomacy.

It needs work but overall I like the changes they made and the capabilities they gave the new engine. Looking forward to what the modding community does to it.

Guess I'm old school. Have IV....but I still play III. Never liked the changes. The newer one has been collecting dust. Oh well....each his own.

I don't have it yet because my live-in fiancée has yet to see me really crack out on a game and I don't know how she's gonna take a Civ crack out.... getting up at 5 AM to see me blurry eyed and twitching from coffee might freak her out a little....

Heard good things though... maybe I'll get it and take a stay-cation for a weekend, lock the door with a sixer, bag of junk food and a bedpan.

This is the first one I have played and I really dig it. Really easy to jump right into but tough to master

Back