Citra Belma glacier IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickfish

Reaction score
Anyone ever combine these hops for an IPA. More curious as to how the glacier works for IPA in general. Thanks.

My first thought is that you'd have to be careful with the Citra as it would probably overpower the others. I've heard Glacier is a little like Cascade except spicier, and Belma gives off a very subtle blueberry/strawberry/melon aroma (but little-to-no flavor).

I currently have 4oz of all three of those hops sitting in my freezer so I'm very interested in what others think.

I have had glacier in a pale ale and gotten a kind of pear flavor with some spicy hoppiness. It was good but a little different.

Glacier is really soft hop from my experience it needs to be by itself or with other hops ( and malts) that don't overpower it.

So maybe stick with the big IPA hops for combining with citra. I bought the glacier thinking it would be a nice background flavor to combine with some of the "c" hops.

It seems that glacier as hopstand and dry hop would do wonderfully on the aroma end.

Maybe Idaho 7 paired with that hop at the same points

Would be inclined to go Magnum as bittering charge and then figure something as late boil

Back