Cigar City Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrupled

Reaction score
After seeking the advice of our resident expert stamp collector-moderator for beer/brewpubs to seek out in while on vacation with the family in Tampa, I've been enjoying Jai Alai from Cigar City Brewery. First, for other rubes like me who aren't aware of a sport sharing said name, phonetically it's pronounced "Hi Lye" (not Guy Ali) and second it's like Spanish moss since I'm finding it everywhere I look - and it's no wonder since it's really really great stuff. We ended up heading to the brewery to take a tour this afternoon; cool place, more really wonderful beers, refills during the tour and the tour guide was a home brewer from our forum. His name is Bob Lorber - really entertaining and welcoming guy. All around it was a great experience except there's now another beer that I'll not be able to get my hands on.

Head out to Dunedin, due west of Tampa. 7venth Sun Brewery. Very unique brews and none will disappoint

Thanks for the suggestions - it was a family vacation with little ones so my alcohol intake was pretty conservative. Ended up packaging up a 6 pack of Jai Alai in my checked luggage and as a bonus found that the Tampa airport has a Cigar City by Gate C so I was able to enjoy another before the flight home.

Man I was so pumped (from the North East) when we started to get CCB! Love their stuff! The humidor line is so tasty.

Latest posts

Back