Cider has been in the keg for 2 years.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple_Jacker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made a cider back in 2015 and kegged it. I pulled 10 pints or so from it at the most and I haven't touched it in over a year and a half. As far as I know, it had CO2 on it the entire time and when I poured a pint just a few minutes ago it came out in full force but it's not really carbonated.

It doesn't smell bad at all. It smells pretty nice actually. I'm not sure if it was safe to drink but I sipped some of the pint I poured off. It is still more tart than I'd like... I remembered why I let it sit this whole time.

I'm still not sure if I should keep it or dump it though... or if I should even be drinking it at all. Thoughts?

I can't imagine anything being wrong with it. How was the original recipe? Did you add a lot of acid blend? Maybe you just need to mix in a little more sugar in the keg or mix it with sprite in the glass?

I'm not home so I don't have my notes with me, but I must've just added too much acid blend. I'll try adding sugar or light DME to it and see how it tastes.

Back