Cider Carbonation Volume

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys, been awhile since I've been active here since home brew was placed on the back burner because of my current employment situation but I'm making it a point to make time and finally get back into it with cider after a long summer of sampling from the Finger Lakes region.

Just wondering what a common/popular/preferred carb volume is for ciders apfelwine and/or graff. What some people prefer for their different recipes when its time to keg. I know a lot is based on preference but at this point we're looking to brew up different variations in smaller 1 gallon batches and then carbonating in 1.75 gal kegs as that's what we have readily available.

Anyone who has brewed and then kegged cider/wine with an opinion is welcome to share their thoughts and experiences!

That's a tough one! People like their ciders from still to champagne-like.

I like mine still, but have some carbed to about 2.6 volumes because my daughter likes it carbed. She'd like it more like 3.5 or so, very spritzy, but I only have on regulator on that set up.

It sounds so easy to say it, but it really depends on what you and your guests like.

That's a tough one! People like their ciders from still to champagne-like.

I like mine still, but have some carbed to about 2.6 volumes because my daughter likes it carbed. She'd like it more like 3.5 or so, very spritzy, but I only have on regulator on that set up.

It sounds so easy to say it, but it really depends on what you and your guests like.

How do you set it? Do you use the common kegerator Carbonating chart that floats around for the brews or do you have a specific method for it?

How do you set it? Do you use the common kegerator Carbonating chart that floats around for the brews or do you have a specific method for it?

Yep, just like beer. For the non-carbed stuff (including my wines), I have them in kegs, but not on the gas and then just open the valve with enough pressure to push it out, generally 1-2 psi.

Latest posts

Back