Cicerone Certified Beer Server

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaviao

Reaction score
So I am planning on going for my Cicerone Certificate and I was hoping someone out there has experience with this.

I know that getting that certificate will take considerable study and effort on my part, however before you can even take the test for the Cicerone you have to become a certified beer server first and I was wondering how much preparation one would need to pass that test.

I've worked in restaurants for years as well as a quick stint in a small winery.

I also teach a "Bar & Beverage" class for a small culinary program that is getting off of it's feet. Truthfully I focus more on wine and basic bar service than beer, but through teaching the course I have learned more about beer.

Any advice would be welcome on this. Thanks!

I have a buddy that works for a local fine dining restaurant and wanted to be a bartender, so he took the cicerone test and passed it the first time. He only studied about an hour and might just be the most learning disabled A.D.D. dumba$$ I know.

I'm not saying the test is easy and you don't have to study, but I seriously think that having the base knowledge of a homebrewer gets you a good bit of the way there.

Good luck!

Back