Chugger/March Pump Housing Template

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanhope

Reaction score
Lots of people like mounting their Chugger and March pumps in ammo and toolboxes. I decided to create a template to help create my enclosure and since it worked so sell I figured I would share it. The main purpose of the template is to get holes that perfectly match up with the pump housing holes since they are rotated by 18 degrees. Simply print out the template, cut out the center circle, and line up the crosshairs with the center shaft of the drive head like this:

Once the template is taped in position take a 3/16" drill bit and drill the 4 holes. Once done you will have 4 perfectly aligned holes. You should be able to see the threads lined up with the holes in the pic below:

Downloads:
Printable PDF
LibreCAD DXF

Totally wish I had a template when building my box lat summer!! What a difference it would have made. Well done!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Thank you so much for this.

I'm mounting my pump as we speak and I didn't want to have to poke and hope with the drill in the side of my toolbox!!!

Is there a trick to getting this template to print at the right size? when i print it on a 8.5 x 11 no matter what orientation it prints to large

I had to mess with the scaling and through trial and error got to the right size by comparing to the pump head. Can't remember offhand what the value was, but somewhere in the low to mid 60s% range I think it was.

Make sure you don't have any options checked when printing that would alter the scale .. like "fit to page" which is on by default when printing most PDFs.

Edit -- looks like the PDF image may just be too large.

Please don't enclose these pumps. They are not designed to run at elevated temps. You also misalign the magnet a bit doing this so the cup needs to be slid forward by the thickness of your box material.

Back