Chugged pump bolt conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstricker

Reaction score
so the new anvil pump looks like it has some good features in it, to me the switch is nice but I can wire one of those easily (or use a surge protector)... but the wing nuts on the bolts that secure the pump head look nice. Anyone mod their chigger pump in a similar way? Care to share the process...

I could assume it’s straight forward if you knew where to get the proper threaded rod, but I’m not sure on the beat way to anchor it in the pump body.

Or would this be more trouble than it’s all worth?

The first thing I did with my new Chugger was to replace the Phillips screws with socket heads cap screws. Just take the screws to a good hardware store and match 'em up.

The first thing I did with my new Chugger was to replace the Phillips screws with socket heads cap screws. Just take the screws to a good hardware store and match 'em up.

That’s a good idea too I guess, didn’t think of it like that, to find a similar screw with a different head, my goal was not to need a tool though.

Have you opened it up yet? Mine has another set of screws that hold the pump together. The outer screws hold the pump assembly onto the motor. So I need a tool in any event. I just dislike Phillips and slotted screw heads.

Back