Choosing name for my son

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baby name

• Rylan Wade Miller

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Dakota “Kody” Waylon Miller

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Orion (Wolff or Westley) Miller

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
I find it so weird that parents pick a name that they know *IN ADVANCE*** that they will call them some particular nickname. If the nickname is so great, make THAT the name.

Nah - it's useful to have the full name in reserve, for when you're _really_ cross with them and you want them to know it.

That's why you can't pick a legit name like Sally. I think a lot of people I know called their baby "bean" before the baby arrived (some are Rowan Atkinson fans, though). We called my son "Smurf", and friends of ours called theirs "minion".

It can be kind of fun to invent the pre-birth names, too.

I know this post is kind of old but it reminded me of my son’s pre-birth name. My wife was really afraid that something bad would happen when she first got pregnant so we didn’t tell anyone for a while (nearly 3 months). She and I started calling him Voldemort (“he who shall not be named” from Harry Potter) since we didn’t talk about him to anyone else.

Back