Chinook hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickfish

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just brewed with chinook hops for the first time last night and the aroma from them is wonderful. Very strong fruity pine aroma. The pellets also had a very oily feel similar to citra. I hope they taste half as good as they smell. Are they good for dry hops as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made a chinook galaxy IPA for my dad. Chinook for bittering then an ounce of each at at 10 and two ounce of each for a 10 minute flameout steep. Any recommendations for a dry hop?

NorthernBrewer has a tasty Chinook IPA kit that I've brewed a couple times. As the name implies, chinook is the only hop variety used in the boil and for dry hopping.

I made a chinook galaxy IPA for my dad. Chinook for bittering then an ounce of each at at 10 and two ounce of each for a 10 minute flameout steep. Any recommendations for a dry hop?

Do you want to emphasize one of those varieties over the other? I'd probably just mix them up and dryhop with both. If you wanted something different than what you used maybe mosaic or ahtanum? Or go classic with cascade.

I have some 2013 cascade from hops direct but they seem a little grassy in some other beers I have done. I think I'll just go with an ounce of chinook and galaxy.

Back