Chimay white yeast harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chwayock

Reaction score
Let me know what you think. I boiled 300 ml of water with 30 grams of light dme and cooled. Added to 1000 ml flask with sterilized stir bar and put on stir plate. I poured about an inch of the end of a chimay white after recapping sterilely and bringing to room temp. This took off nearly instantly with high krausen 12 hrs later. So I attempted to cold crash but only did so for 4 hrs and when I began to decant it looked like I was losing yeast so I just added about 700 ml of dme using same ratio. It has been nearly 48 hrs later at 75 degrees and I do not see much activity at all. What do yall think?? Will I get good yeast out of this? Do I need to be more patient?

patience will be rewarded i am sure. I recently harvested out of a bottle of chimay as well. the resultant beer was so clean, I am wondering if they now changed and use a bottling strain. I harvested from chimay about five years ago and the yeast was amazing.

permo said:
patience will be rewarded i am sure. I recently harvested out of a bottle of chimay as well. the resultant beer was so clean, I am wondering if they now changed and use a bottling strain. I harvested from chimay about five years ago and the yeast was amazing.

Too clean?

Latest posts

Back