chiller options...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debtman7

Reaction score
Hi all,

My generic copper immersion chiller died a while back and I'm looking to replace it. I've been eying plate chillers and found someone on here mentioned dudadiesel.com and their exceptionally affordable chillers.

Right now I'm looking at either the 10 plate or 20 plate and trying to figure out which of those to go for, and what kind of fittings to get for it. And for some reason the 10 plate has more options for fittings (1/2" or 3/4" male NPT, female NPT or barb).

What I'd ideally like to do is hook it up to a hose running out of the kitchen faucet into the backyard (only outdoor hose is out front and a pain to run a hose around), but hooking it up to the garden hose would be an option. I have a very low tech setup and currently after boil (and cooling with the immersion chiller) I suck the wort out with a 3/8" autosiphon.

Given that, can anyone give me some pointers on what fitting option would be best to get, and what other bits I'd need to pick up to make it all work?

Back