Chilled Six right after bottling accident

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rguardian989

Reaction score
I just bottled an arrogant bastard clone (hopefully its a clone) last night with a bunch of friends and i just found a six pack of it in my refrigerator. i know if i leave it in the fridge it will never really carbonate as it should so i took it out and put it with the rest of the bottles

bottom line, should i be worried due to the hot/cold (which was a gradual change i might add) effect on the flavor if there will be one at all?

I don't think it will matter much but I'm not entirely sure. I really wouldn't expect a problem though.

Maybe mark the caps with a dot and do a taste test once the beers are conditioned?

It should be fine, but you may want to gently swirl that 6-pack in case some yeast fell out of suspension.

+1 on rousing the yeast that settle out. Just take each bottle and turn it slowly end over end once. That's all you need to do.

Better safe than sorry. You basically cold crashed the beer so a decent amount of yeast would have fallen to the bottom.

just checked the bottles, in short u were right there was a decent layer of yeast on the bottoms of the bottles i didnt cross check with one of the sixes that stayed in normal conditions though.

i turned them upside down and swirled a decent amount so they should be good now

Back