Chill Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlager

Reaction score
I have been working on this for a while now and finally think it is ready for prime time use. Any thoughts on this?

Chill Station 2.jpeg

Chill Station 1.jpeg

I think it's gonna be hard to clean. You'll want an easy way to attach to your wort out side of the chiller to back flush.

I'm assuming that's an o2 stone on the last leg out. That's a nice idea.

Looks like it could be a challenge to prime.
I'd definitely lose the 90° at the inlet...or at least, point it at the floor...

Cheers!

Looks like it could be a challenge to prime.
I'd definitely lose the 90° at the inlet...or at least, point it at the floor...

Cheers!

Why? Gravity is your friend. If the inlet is pointing down then the pump has to pull the fluid up. Unless I missed that day in physics class and had to many homebrews it looks right to me.

I just put it together a day ago. LarMoeCur is correct, I intentionally have a 90 on the inlet because it will hang on the side of my cart. Gravity will not have an issue there. All I need is about a 18 inch piece of tubing from the kettle valve to the pump inlet. That plug on the left will be replaced with a threaded thermometer eventually.

Back