Cherry Pomegranate Apple Cider "Sweet n' Cheap"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started this today.

5 Gal Pasteurized apple cider(Mill was down so couldn't get unpasteurized) Brix was 19 on this

OG is 1.090

I have a batch going right now with some adjustments, I've learned a lot since I made this recipe.

Made this a 6 gallon batch and left the sugar at 1.5lbs. OG of 1.065

Using danstar strong Belgian ale yeast instead of ec1118

Added 2 tbsp Fermaid o after lag and at 1/3 sugar break.

At around 1.004 now so almost done and smells amazing, all apple no fusels.

Old school thread. I am doing this with sour cherry that I have in front yard. Turned out great. It had a bite like a cranberry but also sweet. I don't recall doing sorbate and cambden but will on this batch and then force carb in keg. Also I might put some cream of tartar see I that improves it

Last edited:
Picture of my version. I do a wine and cider process. 4lbs of frozen sour cherries (from my tree) This pick actually had 1lb of chokecherry as well . Let them thaw then break up the skins then do a mixture 1.5 lbs brown sugar boiled with one gallon of water pour over the fruit, add yearst nutrient and acid blend then campden , wait 12 hours and add pectic enzymes 12 hours later add 4 gallons of apple juice, fermented with cuvee yeast for 30 days around temps of 65-72, then add cream of tartar and campden with 2 cans of pomegranate/cherry juice in keg and carbed it up. The og was around 1.054 and finished around 1.000

Attachments

• IMG_20190619_184724.jpg
    IMG_20190619_184724.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I use it in my making cream soda it doesn't give that lemon tart bite you do with acid blend. Next time I make this cider I will you use cream of tartar in both stages instead of at kegging

I have a batch going right now with some adjustments, I've learned a lot since I made this recipe.

Made this a 6 gallon batch and left the sugar at 1.5lbs. OG of 1.065

Using danstar strong Belgian ale yeast instead of ec1118

Added 2 tbsp Fermaid o after lag and at 1/3 sugar break.

At around 1.004 now so almost done and smells amazing, all apple no fusels.

By Danstar Strong Belgian, do you mean their Abbaye Ale Yeast?....

Latest posts

Back