Cherry Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adomka

Reaction score
I have some Cherry flavored coffee (whole been) for christmas in my cupboard that is too flavored and sweet for my coffee enjoyment. So I was thinking I would try to use it in a beer and would like some help formulating a recipe. I was thinking maybe a stout/porter with some bourbon oak cubes. Or would this be much?

Hmm, that might be a more difficult combination. I'd suggest taking a look at my site, whattobrew.com. Look at the pages for cherry, coffee and bourbon, and find styles that rank high on all of them. It looks like your intuition on stouts and porters holds out. A baltic porter would also have potential.

I'd be a bit concerned about what the cherry flavoring is, but especially if you add it post-fermentation, it should be fine. If it's sweet, you'd get some sweetness, so you'd probably want to make the base beer a bit drier. Good luck!

Flavoring to coffee is added after the coffee is roasted. It's a syrup I believe? I'd take a beer ( commercial) and let it steep with the coffee and see how the flavors are... It'll give you a good idea on how to go forward

Back