Checking in from Long Island, New York

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impulseballer

Reaction score
How's it going all? Got my first intro to brewing from a Mr. Beer Kit my fiance had bought as a present. My Uncle used to brew some beer and wine and I always wanted to myself. I like to think of myself as someone who enjoys real beer not the coors light etc. Not only due to the times but the fact I live on my own etc., I figured it would be a great idea to start brewing myself to save money but not sacrifice quality. Ounce I get some money together I will be brewing my first batch of IPA soon and will post up results and comments. It's great that there's a community out there to help and share with. Look forward to taking that first man sip!!

Welcome!

I just joined today too since I started brewing yesterday with my roommate. So far it's fun, but has yet to pay off -- I'm sure it will!

Good luck to you!

Welcome!

I just joined today too since I started brewing yesterday with my roommate. So far it's fun, but has yet to pay off -- I'm sure it will!

Good luck to you!

i figure with rebel brew my first order will include most of what i need at it's around $80 shipped including first batch of LME etc. so starting out using around $18 of batch supplies to brew about 50 beers isn't bad at all. and it's not bud light etc. it will be a great beer. It will pay off within the first two batches i would say.

Impulseballer check out Kedco in Farmingdale or Karps Hardware and Homebrew in Northport. Both are very good homebrew shops. Kedco is a bit more expensive but sometimes has more in stock. I know Kedco will order anything for you that they don't normally keep in stock and I'm sure Karps will do the same. There is another local shop in Islip - Arbor beer and wine, but they are questionable for homebrewing anyway. They don't refrigerate their hops.

Impulseballer check out Kedco in Farmingdale or Karps Hardware and Homebrew in Northport. Both are very good homebrew shops. Kedco is a bit more expensive but sometimes has more in stock. I know Kedco will order anything for you that they don't normally keep in stock and I'm sure Karps will do the same. There is another local shop in Islip - Arbor beer and wine, but they are questionable for homebrewing anyway. They don't refrigerate their hops.

thanks for the advice. I'll take them into consideration

thisjrp.....fyi and fwiw.....arbor refrigerates their whole hops. Karps is pretty good...prices are generally cheaper, I'm a little too far to go there often.

Back