Check Valve Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windycitybears1985

Reaction score
So I had beer run into my gas line again and am going to spring for some check valves. The question that I have with my kegerator setup is if I have a check valve installed at the regulator off the CO2 tank and then run that line into a distributor do I need check valves on all gas distributor connections or are they protected by having a check valve up stream at their source? Thanks for your help. (FYI the gas distributor does not have check valves built in).

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

You want check valves on each line. I'm assuming that by distributor you mean a manifold. If you don't have check valves on each line, you run the risk of ending up with beer moving from one keg to another (shouldn't happen since the dip tubes are short). They make isolation valves with built in check valves. I'd recommend picking some of those up.

Sorry, yes I meant CO2 manifold. I never thought about the beer going between kegs. I figured that since there is a check valve that keeps liquid from getting into the regulator it would also keep liquid from entering all branched connections that come after the check valve on the regulator. Thanks for the quick reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back