Check out the new redesigned Tap-A-Draft system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks exactly like the Coors/Miller light home draft system that some of us have been refilling and using for awhile. Apparently the Tap-A-Draft people think that this is a more attractive and simpler system.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/tap-a-draft-starter-kit.html

I fixed the link above. I actually spoke with a lady at Tap-A-Draft in January and she hinted that they might be going this route. Glad to see the change. I like the look and feel of these taps better than the original ones.

And if they are the same then the price difference between TAD and the Home draft packages are even more striking and compelling.
One TAD dispenser, 3 empty bottles, 6 CO2 carts for $59
Three Coors light dispensers with 3 bottles full of beer for ~ $59

My thoughts exACTly. Even though Coors Light isn't a particularly good beer neither is it particularly a bad beer. I find it especially refreshing after spending the day in the sun.

I will likely be ordering some empty bottles in the future, but when I need a new tap the liquor store I frequent carries the taps (with beer and extra bottle) for $17.99.

And if they are the same then the price difference between TAD and the Home draft packages are even more striking and compelling.
One TAD dispenser, 3 empty bottles, 6 CO2 carts +$59 or
Three TAD dispensers with 3 bottles full of beer for ~ $59

Bleh. I am glad I got one of the older models before they stopped making them -the ability to mix CO2 and N2O cartridges was a nice touch.

These are a much simpler design, and with TAD now using 16oz cartridges, it will probably be easy to find cartridges for the coors bottles... I suspect I will be buying a couple as cheap sources of taps.

just came across this thread, not sure how i didn't find it through all the searches i have done over the last week and a half and instead posted a similiar thread. basically my question is:

how well are they holding up long term? Beerbeque, it looks like you have been using it for quite a while. how many re-uses have you been getting out of each tap? i also noticed how similiar the new TAD looks to the miller/coors set up but haven't been able to find much about it other than the pictures on midwest and other sites.

I just ran across this thread. I currently have 12 TAD bottles and two of the white taps. At first, I could not figure out what was different other than the color, but then it hit me when I was looking at one of mine. The new one looks like it only holds one cartridge.

So now my questions:
1. Does the new tap seal better?
2. Easier to clean?
3. Make the cartridge last longer?

I'd like to have a smaller bottle size also. I think some of you are using 3L bottles. Anybody have anything to report on those?

Back