Cheap temperature management

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstef

Reaction score
I know this issue has been raised countless times on this forum, but the solutions seem to range from either really cheap people using a desk fan, electricians hacking various components, or the pros who have all the goods..

Well, I'm looking for some basic temperature management. Willing to spend a few bucks ($30-40). I probably don't need this, but I'm paranoid and like having cool gadgets..

Cooling isn't an issue, since it will be inside my house, and I'll never let it get above 80-85 degrees in here. It's still a bit cold here, about 50ish, but I want ot start brewing now. I'm also a little paranoid that my over air-conditioned house in the summer might be too cold. So, I wanted a heating solution that would be controlled by the temperature.

After searching around, seeing products that range from $10 to $1,000, I found this item. It's meant to be used for reptile aquariums. Trigger ranges from 60-110F. Has a separate probe for temperature detection that I thought was useful to attach to the better bottle and insulate it (trying to get the best reading for inside the bottle).

I figured I'd attach either a brew belt of a heating pad meant for the same aquariums..

What are you thoughts?

http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/specialty-equipment/temperature-controller.htm

Thanks!

The item I listed goes for about $20-30. A brew belt of pad is around the same.

Latest posts

Back