Cheap keg kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c8h12n4o3

Reaction score
I'm heading up the renovation of our heritage room at my unit. I've been tasked with putting together a kegerator for the squadron. We have an old upright fridge. I want to make it nice, but I don't have much of a budget. Any ideas for a cheap conversion kit? Any one have any old parts they could donate? Just trying to stay within budget. Thanks for the help.

Jason

I found the cheapest "kit" was at KegCowboy.com. There were some delays and shipping problems, I cannot give them an A+ but it got here and it works. Plus they are good at allowing you to customize the setup a bit. I put three taps into an apartment size fridge. Scan craigslist, ebay, or the for sale part of this site for CO2 containers, corny kegs, and used regulators.

The other thing to do is get the CO2 tank, keg and fittings, beverage and gas tube, and just use a picnic tap until you get the $$$ for the shanks and tap to go through the door. This will get you up and running cheapest.

I got my stuff from Keg Connection. But, for taps, shanks, kegs, a tank, regulator, hoses and fittings, you're going to be hard pressed to spend less than a couple hundred bucks regardless of where you shop. I do like Keg Connection because their customer service is really good, they ship fast, and it's pretty much plug and play if you buy a kit.

But dbrewski is right picnic taps are by far the cheapest.

I'm heading up the renovation of our heritage room at my unit. I've been tasked with putting together a kegerator for the squadron. We have an old upright fridge. I want to make it nice, but I don't have much of a budget. Any ideas for a cheap conversion kit? Any one have any old parts they could donate? Just trying to stay within budget. Thanks for the help.

Jason

The better question is are you a boom or are you a load?

We are all putting it together; booms, loads, and maintainers....even have some pilots helping us out. We aren't a flying squadron so the heritage room has been lacking. Now we are trying to knock down some walls and change some attitudes. Things are looking better now. I'm hoping to brew a beer to put on tap soon. Thanks for all the inputs. I think I have enough quotes to satisfy our requirements.

Back