Cheap adjustable flow faucet...... questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG-wan Kenobi

Arcane Artisanal Ales
Reaction score
Has anyone used these? Do they stick after a few days or a weak if sitting or are they forward sealing? Any information would be good to have on these, I am rebuilding an old failed Kegerator I just got running again this weekend and trying to keep cost down if possible (I usually use Perlick) . I assume the shank is removeable and it fully breaks down to be cleaned. It is advertised as stainless steel and adjustable flow and at $25 it's very tempting.

Thanks for any help in advance

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=332359996361
s-l1600.jpg

That is tempting but to me it looks chrome plated and only the spot is SS. I see some on Aliexpress that are very similar but a but more money.

That is tempting but to me it looks chrome plated and only the spot is SS. I see some on Aliexpress that are very similar but a but more money.

I am thinking it's to good to be true and will likely not get them, but damn that's cheap it's half the price of InterTap I found them for $22 from another seller

For the price I may get one just to see. I love the look of that style.

Has anyone used these? Do they stick after a few days or a weak if sitting or are they forward sealing? Any information would be good to have on these, I am rebuilding an old failed Kegerator I just got running again this weekend and trying to keep cost down if possible (I usually use Perlick) . I assume the shank is removeable and it fully breaks down to be cleaned. It is advertised as stainless steel and adjustable flow and at $25 it's very tempting.

Thanks for any help in advance

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=332359996361
View attachment 608348
they do stick.. not as bad as others ive tried but they do stick. also be sure they have the american shank size.
Ive had the best luck with flow control intertaps. I also use many pelick clones from aliexpress. they have the interchangeable tips that are compatible with the intertaps tips and use pelick rebuild orings. they are also all stainless and about $30 shipped for whole assy.

they have many different style and configurations on aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...rompt=1&misspellText=flow+control+fauset+beer

I have 14 of these only with the shorter shank and they do not stick at all... they are spring loaded.
I bought the flow control types thinking it would help with the fact that I have the wrong length/size beerline in my kegerators at home but they didnt really help the issue.I ended up changing my beer lines.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bee...lgo_pvid=a577fde3-6e11-4246-9ccd-ef8facf1065b

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few of these showing up at newer brew pubs, micro breweries and such...not saying they good or bad...but I have seen quite a few...

but does appear to be basically a traditional rear sealing faucet, which is supposedly old school and not really recommended anymore...

I think they are being used in newer places cause the look "trick" or something...

Never used the cheap ones but for a few bucks more (absolute dollars, percent wise is like 200% more o_O) you can get the real deal Perlick 650ss flow controls. We run 16 of them at a fairly high volume beer bar and haven't had an issue yet, though we've only been open a year so take that with a grain of salt.

Never used the cheap ones but for a few bucks more (absolute dollars, percent wise is like 200% more o_O) you can get the real deal Perlick 650ss flow controls. We run 16 of them at a fairly high volume beer bar and haven't had an issue yet, though we've only been open a year so take that with a grain of salt.

I have been using the 650SS's for years they will serve you well I have 3 and I have one with the creamer function as well (690ss??) but that's a bit of a waste to be honest

I may sell this so I am trying to keep it cheap but if I keep it I will upgrade parts as they fail

Back