Cheap 70 Quart Coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happened to find this deal on Saturday, ordered it up... delivery set for tomorrow. I can't wait.

The first customer review on Amazon's site was from a HB'er so that was reassuring.

Coleman 70-Quart Xtream

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to poop in anyone's stout, but it appears as though this unit is without a drain. Will be a little harder to mod, as you will need to drill your own hole. also, I notice most coolers advertise "5 day cooler" or some-such. these do not - which makes me question the quality of the insulation.

I don't want to poop in anyone's stout, but it appears as though this unit is without a drain. Will be a little harder to mod, as you will need to drill your own hole. also, I notice most coolers advertise "5 day cooler" or some-such. these do not - which makes me question the quality of the insulation.

Says it has a drain?
"Product Description
The Coleman 70-Quart Xtreme Cooler is the ideal traveling companion. The large icy blue cooler and white lid are lined with a full two full inches of insulation and the hinged lid also features a secure and tight gasket seal, ensuring that your cooler will keep food and beverages chilled for up to five days at temperatures of up to 90 degrees. Holding up to 98 beverage cans with ice, this cooler features two-way handles for easy lift and maneuvering in tight spaces, and the sump-lined drain promises easy clean-up and no-tilt draining--a plus for this large capacity cooler. This model’s lid can be fitted with 24-inch cords (not included) for additional dry storage--lawn chairs, beach towels, picnic blankets, etc.--on top."

you are correct, sir. I am wrong.

I looked at some really crappy colemans at walmart, but that one is different.

My friends and I have been using that exact cooler for a few years. Ten gallon batches. Once mashed 40 lbs of grain in it!

Back