Centennial opinions please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessox80

Reaction score
I currently grow (and love) Newport but have the opportunity to spread my garden by one strain. I have narrowed it to cascade and centennial and was hoping to get some reports from growers. I live in CT and am looking for good aroma/flavoring hops with citrus notes. How is the yield? Are there any places to get a crown (and does it make a significant difference)? Is that enough questions?
Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise:mug:, this site is awesome. I have gone from an occasional kit-brewer to a hop-grower, to all-grain brewing with my homemade ghettotun (first batch in my primary now) within two years of joining.

I grow centennial, and love em. Huge citrus notes. All my plants started as rhizomes, rather than crowns. Got a decent harvest from all my new girls last rear. got like 4lbs from the new ones.

Back