Cent. Blonde/ Ed's Pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addis29

Reaction score
I am still new to the all grain process, only have done about 8 batches. So I have been trying to understand grains and hops more, I guess what I mean are tastes more. Here's the situation.
About 1 month ago I did an all day brewing session. In the moring brewed Biermunchers Cent. Blonde and that evening Eds Pale ale. Today I am tasting them for the first time both kegged and fully carbed and they actually taste somewhat the same to me. I know the grain bill is somewhat similar and are the hops, I just wasn't planning on them tasting that similar. For anyone who has brewed them both is this normal or Did I do something wrong. I do think both taste excellent just a lot alike.

I've brewed them both, and they are indeed quite similar. Chances are as you drink more of each one you will pick up subtleties between them.

The grain bill and hopping are similar, but the Centennial Blonde is lighter bodied, has a bit less alcohol, and is less bitter than EdWort's Haus Pale.

Hmmm.... All three batches of my BM centennial have a nice creamy taste, while ed's is a great bitter pale ale. At least to me...they taste very different. Just goes to prove that just because a recipe is the same. Method, water, etc can make a beer taste different. That's why competitions are there.

Back