Categorize these recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosch

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone here could help me categorize these two recipes. I got these from my LHBS, but I'm pretty new and don't know what they would fall under. Getting ready to give away some samples to friends and wanted to be able to actually tell them what they are :)

Thanks!

Kosch

Recipe 1:
7lbs Extra Light LME
2oz Cascade - 60min
1 tsp Irish Moss - 15min
1oz Cascade - 5min

Recipe 2:
7lbs Extra Light LME
8oz Crystal Malt Steeped for 30min
1oz Cascade - 60min
1oz Cascade - 20min
1oz Cascade - 5min

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Kind of a funny thing, these are the two recipes my LHBS suggested after my first batch (muntons nut brown ale), I would have expected a couple of fairly different types, not so similar. But hey I just took what they offered, I know what to pick now :)

If you are looking for an easy (and free) way to check what your recipes will turn out like without anything too complicated check out beercalculus.hopville.com. It won't give you buckets of information but you can see the differences small changes to your recipe will have on your beer.

You can also download BrewTarget. It's free and works on all platforms, you can punch in the ingredients and it will help you work it out.

Latest posts

Back