Cask and Kettle Homebrew in Boonton, New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegerm

Reaction score
Saturday night I went to check out this new homebrew shop in north jersey. I had been disappointed with the lack of a good shop within a half hour's drive of where I am in bergen county. This place will be my new LHBS, for sure.

I got to spend some time talking to the shop owner while he filled an AG hefeweizen recipe order for me. He was very knowledgeable and very friendly. The shop was obviously brand new, super clean and neatly laid out.

The shop's prices are good. They are right on par with the best online shops selling hops at 1.99/oz and white labs vials at 6.99/each. Grain was also right on par price wise with the best online shops. The selection was good, no wyeast strains but lots of white labs. Very good selection of hops sourced from both hopunion and another supplier that I don't remember, but recall that the pellets were packaged in 1oz clear plastic jars with screwtops. He had simcoe in stock, which I nabbed, since it's been hard to find this past year.

Nothing negative to say about the place, really. He had to deal with a couple of hiccups in his POS system since it was brand new and a couple of inventory items weren't entered exactly correctly, but those just seem like standard new business bugs that are getting worked out naturally.

http://www.ckhomebrew.com
Cask & Kettle Home Brew
904-B Main Street
Boonton, NJ 07005
Phone: 973.917.4340
Email: [email protected]

Latest posts

Back