Cascade/orange apa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatsby174

Reaction score
I'm brewing the cascade/orange apa from the recipe database. I just doughed in my first batch of this. It's only my 3rd ag, and I hit a mash temp of 154. I used the recipe as written. Hopefully, I got the water right this time.

I use rodi water (already had it for the reef tank) and added .5 teas of cacl to my 3.5 gallons of mash water. I also added .33lbs of acid malt (3% total grain bill) to get my ph close. I need to get a ph meter to dial it in, but I'm hoping its close enough. I used 3x too much acid malt last batch, and while I assume it'll be undrinkable, I did get 84% mash efficiency. Which is remarkable since my very first batch was only at 54% with the lhbs crush.

Anyway, any guesses how close I actually am on the ph? Oh, my di resin was just changed, so I know the water will originally be as pure as distilled.

Back