Carbonation??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastly

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch last Sunday. Thanks to a UPS debacle the last 12 bottles I needed did not show up. In Ga, you can't purchase on Sunday. I had an old champagne bottle and cork, but no cage. I filled it full and put the cork in. That was a week ago. I assumed that once carbonation started that it would push the cork out and I would know things were working as planned. However, the cork has not budged. Should I be concerned that there in no carbonation taking place or is it still too early.

A week is way to soon to tell. Plus, without knowing how much priming sugar you used it's hard to say if there will be enough carbonation to blow out the cork. Bigger bottles also take longer to carb. Relax and have a brew.

not near long enough for carbonation to be done and even when done it may not push the cork out of the bottle. I have some Tripel that is carbed to three volumes that won't push the cork up tight against the cage.

Back