carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewrook

Reaction score
got a question and may have messed up my first batch. Followed all of the directions but never read anywhere that stated carbonation had to take place at room temp. Batch has been in fridge for 2-3 weeks and no carbonation has occured. Is there anything I can do now or do I have to drink my first batch "flat". :( (incidentally, that would stink!!)

Wow, that is a new one. Try moving the bottles to a dark room temp. place. I doubt the yeast are dead; if you warm them up they should get back to work.

You might also want to shake the bottles up a little or roll them around after they warm up. This will help the yeast get back in suspension.

at this stage your will have known the out come of the help you were told as it was Oct last year ,,, how did the beer taste

ya your bottles need to be at a temp of about 18C for roughly 6-7 days i usually keep mine under kitchen if im allowed ha ha ,,

take your bottles to a warmer place and this might reactivate the yeast,make sure you shake the bottles too ,,

its all a learning process for us all , ive been brewing about 2 years now and im still learning ,, when you get this first batch right which took me about 2-3 trys its all well worth it , and once you get it right all you wanna do is try new things ,,

this batch ive done now and just bottled last wednesday (coopers canadian blonde ) is now clear but needs another week before i can drink it just to get it right ,, most bottled homebrew beer here in europe needs about 2 weeks to 3 months to be ready to drink ,, also it states in the kits to add 200grams of sugar to prime ,, thats about tea spoon of sugar per bottle ,,, this batch ive done i was advised to reduce that to about 150-175grams and i bulk primed ,,with Glucose/dextrose i tasted a bottle last night and even now i can see why i was told this the beer is tasting great ,, if you ever need any help or have any questions dont hesitate to PM me ,, if i can help i will ,, we all have to learn to do this process and ive no doubt you will get it right ,, im still learning and there is alot of people on here that will be glad to help you out

chat soon
mark

Pkeller and Juanmoore..thanks for the advice. I have brought them inside and swirled them a round but has only been a few days. I am optimistic that all will work out.

Sparkey17- I will for sure let you know how it turns out..I just posted this thread the other day (3/13). Will let you know in a week or so

thanks again guys!!!

im losing it i think lol ,, on this PC too much i think thought its Oct you posted it,, lol ,, oh i think i need a holiday or drink more beer ha ha ,,

anyway best of luck

well all, could not wait anymore..after a week in room temp and rotating bottles 2-3 times, I tried one of the beers. I am glad to report that the beer was fine and carbonation is great!!! hopefully the remainder of them are as good!!

thanks again for advice

well all, could not wait anymore..after a week in room temp and rotating bottles 2-3 times, I tried one of the beers. I am glad to report that the beer was fine and carbonation is great!!! hopefully the remainder of them are as good!!

thanks again for advice

That's great...way better than having to drink your flat mistake. Congrats.

thanks again for advice

excellent to hear ,,happy drinking and remember dont get too drunk ha ha

Back