Carbonation not happening after a month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscrowley

Reaction score
This is the first repeat batch I've ever done. It's AHS' Lemongrass Wheat. The first batch got rave reviews, and went so darned fast I had to make a second batch. The second batch, though, stayed in the carboy a little longer than I meant to, due to me going away on vacation at the wrong time.... I should have bottled prior to vacation but didn't get it done. So a week and a half later, I finally bottled. That was on July 9th.

I followed the same steps I normally do, but this batch just isn't carbonating. I'm worried that there just isn't enough yeast in the bottles to get the job done. I was hoping to have it good to go in two weeks (from now), and I've tried to be patient, but I'm running out of time to rescue the batch, if it's necessary.

Is there a reliable way to fix it? I've heard of adding a little dry yeast to each bottle and re-capping, sounds a bit risky....

TIA

It's been about 70-72 where I've been conditioning. It was probably fermenting in a room around the 74 degree range.

And by the way - it's not completely flat, but it just doesn't have much carbonation. Definitely not as much as the previous batch.

Well that's a good temp. If it is slightly carbed then I'm not sure if you can add more yeast. Can you pop it open without foaming up?

Back